Great leaders don’t just get results. They get results through others.
Make no mistake about it though. When it comes to running a professional practice, leadership skill is a game changer. It pays dividends through efficiency, motivation, commitment, loyalty, alignment and more.
You’ll never be sorry you invested in leadership development, for yourself or your team. But how do you decide to make it priority? Look for signs that the firm’s managerial style is beginning to fall short:
- People that are working at the wrong level
- Reluctance to delegate, inappropriate micromanagement or other signs of controlling behaviour
- Lack of accountability or erosion of service quality and delivery time
- Dispirited employees or an increase in turnover
- Conflict, over big things and small, and an inability to arrive at win-win resolutions
- Territory or power struggles and imbalances
- A disconnect with the firm’s sense of purpose, shared vision and values
Our leadership development process is designed to meet the needs of each client’s unique circumstances. It may involve one or more of the following steps: one-on-one interviews, analysis of the firm’s highest priorities, development of a strategic action plan, implementation, training and business coaching.
An entrepreneurial approach can take a professional practice pretty far. That’s how most get started. But at a certain point, the practice will usually experience growing pains or hit a plateau, until the firm takes the necessary steps to turn their team of professionals into a team of leaders. The firms that pick up on this and do something about it in a timely manner? They’re the ones that figure out how to break right through their own glass ceiling.
To discuss how we can work together to build and enhance your professional practice, contact us for an initial consultation, without fee or obligation, in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or via web conference anywhere in Canada.