“…Sandra’s input and guidance was filled with creativity, intelligence and industry-specific know-how…” Benmor Family Law Strategies, Steve Benmor, Certified Divorce Lawyer & Strategist
Today’s lawyers don’t just practice law anymore. They’ve become mavericks and marketers creating new models for their firms, of necessity.
From remote management to the increased pressures of a global economy and the evolving expectations of the team, everything about leading a law firm has changed. That doesn’t even begin to address your own ever-changing needs as you pass through life’s various milestones.
The old model doesn’t work anymore. How are you supposed to lead your firm?
Lead your law firm authentically:
Law firm coaching focused on what works for you as an individual can help.
Ask yourself if you want to:
- Pivot to meet the needs of a dynamic marketplace
- Overcome gaps in the strength of your group
- Manage the inherent risks involved in a start-up
- Get the necessary buy-in to improve your practice
- Move forward in an area that’s new to your firm
- Reposition yourself to build something innovative
You are all facing the same question.
How do I succeed at change?
Develop the confidence to lead the change:
You can’t take action if your next step is so far removed from where you are today that it becomes inaccessible. If you’re able to discuss options, concerns and obstacles, a conversation can lead to practical insights with the potential to solve problems.
Do you experience:
- The burden of tasks you regularly can’t get to or simply avoid
- Regular distraction by conflict within the office
- Pressures to conform to the ways things have always been done
- The limitations of ill-suited or outdated models of success
Until you have the opportunity to unravel these and other real struggles law firm leaders face, you will continue to live and work with the resistance to progress. A conversation about these and other opportunities and issues is the very first step towards developing a workable plan to do things differently.
How law firm coaching works:
How this works depends on your specific situation:
If you are a small or solo firm owner expanding the practice’s bench strength – Starting with clear goals for your own role, that of your team and how you interrelate, the coaching program may focus solely on one-on-one discussions about your own plans. Or it may expand into group coaching, human resource support or management training programs.
If you are a mid-sized firm partner further developing your own leadership skills – The focus of our sessions will be driven by the day-to-day needs of your practice, whether you’re looking for support at specific milestones or at regular touchpoints.
If you are a practice manager offering management training resources to associates and partners – The program will be designed in collaboration with you to ensure coaching sessions are aligned with the firm’s objectives and also support each participant with their career paths.
The benefits of law firm coaching:
The benefits of law firm coaching are many. They will to some extent be driven by your particular circumstances. Some examples follow:
“I was fortunate to have the opportunity to receive coaching from Sandra early into my legal career. The tools she provided me with, including with respect to time management and delegation, have been instrumental in shaping the way I practice law…” Wise Law Office, Simran Bakshi, Associate Lawyer
- Find, qualify and leverage your competitive edge
- Develop strategies to navigate office politics
- Give and receive effective feedback
- Set appropriate boundaries with clients and peers
- Change your role by redefining what is expected of others
- Prioritize where you place your time, energy and resources
- Delegate effectively, without falling back into old habits
- Motivate the team and empower them to do the same for others
- Manage professional reputation and perception
- Build a network of referrers and a process to generate ideal files
- Make accountability part of your firm’s culture
- Use modern practice management tools strategically
- Pursue business development goals, online and off, as a cohesive unit
- Pull younger associates up through the ranks
- Establish credibility and reputation for all your lawyers
You don’t want a cookie-cutter road to success. It doesn’t exist. Ultimately, your own path is the only one that will work for you.
Law firm coaching consultations:
“Sandra began working with us on marketing, but quickly helped our firm identify we needed to simultaneously do some work on systems and reorganization so that we would be in a position to leverage the new work to successfully grow….” Bondy Immigration Law, Aisling Bondy
To discuss how we can work together to build and enhance your law firm, contact us for an initial consultation, in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or via web conference anywhere in Canada.
Please visit the following pages, to learn more about our other law firm practice management services: