“…Sandra has brought a high level of professionalism, knowledge and marketing expertise to our organization. She always takes the time to listen to our goals and objectives and works with us to design and implement effective communication strategies.…” Comprehensive Benefit Solutions Limited, Michael Trowell, Vice President
Although just about every accounting firm has a website at this stage of the game. Many accountants are still wondering if they can get more out of it. Here are some of the specific questions raised by our clients:
- “A lot of accounting websites look similar to each other. But we don’t see how ours could be different.”
- “We’re not sure how this tool could become more important to our marketing.”
- “There is some conflict within the office about our professional identity. The younger staff members would like to present a more modern image. We need to better understand the value and the process of making such a change.”
- “We are still generating, most of our new business from word of mouth. But we are wondering about bolstering that with more of an online presence. What can we do differently with our website?”
- “We’re not really sure how many of our clients would use our website, if we were to invest more in it. Where is the value?”
Accounting firm websites that deliver results:
Improving a website and improving results are not the same thing.
The answers to these questions and more depend on the business case for your site – your goals, your target market, how your website fits into your overall marketing plan – so that changes are driven by business requirements, rather than being rudderless improvements.
Consider what you’d like your site to accomplish. Do you want to create awareness? Generate inquiries? Improve close rate on new leads? Save time on initial consultations? Build profile? Generate media interest? Encourage loyalty? Recruit talented candidates? Shape the firm’s culture?
While each of these objectives can certainly be supported by an accounting firm’s website, each would entail a change in scope, creative direction and approach.
So, the first step towards better results is deciding which results you want.
Don’t hold back.
While there’s no one size fits all solution for accounting websites, one thing is for sure – generic content won’t deliver on the potential you were hoping for. Regardless of the specific objectives you set out, you will still need to broadcast your vision in a manner that communicates what you’re doing right and why it matters.
Whether you’re considering an entirely new site or a refresh there may be a number of considerations to address before getting started. From establishing the business case through to implementation, our approach was designed to help you sort through your questions, develop a strategy focused on the needs of your practice and build a website expected to deliver on your goals.
Marketing and management for accounting firms:
To discuss how we can work together to build and enhance your CPA, accounting, investing or actuarial firm, contact us for an initial consultation, in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or via web conference anywhere in Canada.
Please visit the following pages, to learn more about our marketing services for accounting firms: