The strategic planning process can help you to develop your road map to a bigger vision for your professional practice. It can help you to translate your goals into tangible, realistic objectives that actively shape the future of your practice.The strategic planning process involves:
- Defining your mission and your vision and transforming them into compelling statements
- Managing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relevant to your practice
- Identifying and building on your existing and uniquely valued point of difference
- Establishing core strategies and action plans to optimize every area of your practice
- Managing human resources and establishing accountability
It may also involve developing a succession plan.
The strategic planning process builds every aspect of your professional practice and provides your leaders with management tools that help to establish focus, clarity, motivation and accountability. It’s a road map to pursue practice goals and a foundational step towards an effective marketing plan.